Monday 9 February 2015

Double page spread. (Bush)

“What do you think of your on screen character?”
City. Her name is City and the name suits her personality. She thinks she’s all this and that but really she isn’t. She follows Mercedes around and tries to be like her but the table turns and instead Mercedes gets her beaten up. I think City didn’t deserve such a tragic end as she didn’t mean any harm. She unintentionally annoyed Mercedes as she usually has a bit of banter with her friends and thought she could do the same with Mercedes. Clearly not.

“How did you feel on your first shoot?”
Urrrrmmmm. The first shoot was kind of intimidating. This is simply because I’ve never had a main role, especially as a drug dealer. I didn’t know anybody at the shoot and I had to make friends. As it was a piece of filming for drugs, I was a bit nervous as I don’t know how involved the cast was with drugs. However, within the first 10 minutes of shooting, I had become friends with the whole crew and it felt like a family.

“How did you feel about starring as the main drug dealer?”
As I’ve never had the role of a drug dealer before I wasn’t sure of how I should be acting but then after a while I put myself in the state of mind and there was a line I heard on TV a while ago: “I’m the girl your parents warned you about” and so I used this as motivation as to how I should act and what is expected.

“How was it working with a new cast? Did you enjoy it?”
I quite enjoyed it as the cast was people of my age and they all had a unique characteristic about them. During the TV series you will assume the cast playing the characters are all of bad backgrounds and act like this in reality, however they are all nothing like the characters. As I’ve never worked with a cast acting out abusive scenes and drug related, it was a new experience and very different. It made me realise not to judge a book by its cover as they could’ve been approached the same I was in order to get such a role doesn’t exactly mean they are like this in reality to be approached.

“What advice would you give to your fans?”
I would advise my motivators to continue doing what you’re interested in, even if that’s cleaning the toilets because although it seems long, it will lead to bigger and better things. I came from doing small performances in school for the sake of time wasting and being teased about being a nerd just by being involved in such thing. Here I am today being interviewed by a very well-known magazine and being a part of a programme broadcasted on E4. Neither would I ever imagine myself playing a role of a drug dealer let alone a main drug dealer and a leader of a gang. So continue doing what you enjoy and forget what everyone else says.

No comments:

Post a Comment